November 5, 2008

I voted...did you?

So yesterday, Madison and went to vote before school/work. I told we had to hurry because we needed to go vote. So the whole way there, she kept saying, Mommy I am so excited to go see the "boat". Is it like Uncle Chris's boat? Where is the boat?
So we arrive a little early, the doors are open yet. So here we are waiting to go inside and she is still insisting that we are going to see the "boat". The people in line sort of giggle at us. Finally the doors open and we go inside and much to her disappointment no boat. She tries to look around and find it, they must have it hidden.
I go and cast my ballot and return to the desk to get my sticker and Madison gets one too, now there is a long line of people waiting and Madison asks her where is the boat. She was a little testy and didn't really hear the question and shuffles us towards the exit. So we get outside and Madison is still wondering where the boat was. Oh well, but look mommy she says I got a boat sticker.

We arrive at school and she walks proudly inside and tells Katie, her daycare teacher, I went to see the boat today.
First time voting 11-2005

Voting this year~2008



One more funny:
Today at school this little boy comes in all excited and tells me that "blue won, blue won" I honestly didn't know what in the world he was talking about. Then he tells me "Last night I watched the TV and the world was blue and red and the blue won. My daddy said he picked blue and he won." It was so cute, he was so excited that blue won...and so was many others.

Plus, I was tagged so here it is...

6 things I value

  1. my family/friends
  2. my education which got me
  3. my great job
  4. empathic people
  5. my home
  6. summer vacation

6 things I don't value

  1. whining-totally agree with Katie
  2. the time change, making it dark so dang early!
  3. the cold weather
  4. ignorance
  5. having to cook/figure out what is for dinner every night
  6. bad drivers/road rage

6 people I'm tagging

  1. Kelly
  2. Kristen
  3. ?
  4. ?
  5. ?
  6. ?

No comments: