January 7, 2008

First day back

Ok~ it was depressing having to go back to work...the kids were alright, a bit tired, so I know they will turn back into their old selves tomorrow :o) The alarm was rough at 5:15...I never sleep well the night before going back to work. Some times I wish I only had to work part time, it would be nice to be home with Maddie more. But I have to be thankful that I am a teacher and I get so much time off. I am lucky in that respect.

We are working on potty training and it officially stinks! She does great at home, but out and about it is a whole different story. She hates going on the big potty that has water in it, she is afraid it will flush with her sitting on it and hates to use the seat cover thing I bought. We are still plugging away, I know it will eventually come, but it seems like a long road.

Here is her new funny story... when she is being "redirected" and needs to apologize she is learning to say "Sorry, Mommy, etc." So the other day she ran away from my mom in a store and I had to chase her to come back, so I asked her to tell something to Nonie...so she proceeded to get a grumpy look on her face and say, "NO, sorry Nonie, no sorry!" My mom and I had to turn our heads so she wouldn't see us laughing. I thought that was pretty smart for a 26 month old to know how to put the "no" in front to mean she was not sorry! One for the baby book for sure....

2 comments:

KatieFeldmom said...

Ah, the joys of potty training. One of the few times where I felt like I was the worst parent in the world.

One night, we actually had dinner in the bathroom.

Once it's done though -- it's awesome. No more diapers for me!!!

Kelly said...

Ok..so I lied about never putting a potty picture up. I'm human...they are cute at this age. They will both hate us when they are older...but chances are, they would have found a reason to hate us in their teen years regardless.