January 27, 2008

I HATE the rain!

Friday: Raining!

My little sailor girl...I bought this outfit for little miss awhile back and the pants finally fit! I had to include it:






This was one of the busiest weekends we have had for a long time! And it had to rain the whole time!




Saturday:





Morning: laundry! laundry! laundry! I don't know where it comes from!

Late Morning: Starting to rain!

A little side story:MY DAUGHTER IS A GENIUS!!! As we were getting in the car she is making funny noisies, but nothing out of the ordinary, just being silly, so I really start to listen and she is saying "H says /h/ /h/" making the sound of an h. Then she says "A says /a/ /a/" and I am like yeah right at 2 years old, she doesn't know this stuff! So I ask her what does an M say and she says "/m/ /m/" I couldn't belive it! Then Scott asks her what P says and again she thinks and says "/p/ /p/"...I cannot take any credit for this! I do this for my job, but I have not worked with her at all...or she wouldn't give a rip, but since they are doing this stuff at preschool/daycare, she is picking it so quickly!
We left at 10:00ish to head down to Vallejo to visit my grampa...He is actually doing a little better, I really think he wants to go home! We visit him for a couple of hours, see my mom, dad, gramma, sister and nephew and head to Chevy's for lunch! Of course, I had to have a margarita to drink, so yummy!

Afternoon/Evening: RAINING!
Then we headed up to Olivehearst for dinner with Scott's best friend Chris, his girlfriend Andi and her daughter Alyssa...Madison had a great time playing and was exhusted! Didn't get home until way too late...and we did way too much driving Saturday!

Sunday:

Morning: RAINING!

Madison and I got up early for Church to let daddy sleep in! He has to work tonight/tomorow morning 12:00am to 10:00am! yuck...we got ready soooo quietly and even finished getting ready downstairs to let him sleep, then of course the phone had to ring when we were getting in the car to wake him up! We met up with Lisa and her son Philip at church and came home to play before we headed to a late breakfast at our favorite place, the waffle barn! YUM!

Afternoon:POURING!!!

We headed over to some friends house to go to the home and garden show at Cal Expo... 4 adults and 2 carseats made it in my car...it poured while we were there, but Madison did manage to take a 2 1/2 hour nap in her stroller! We bought way too much stuff, but enjoyed looking at all the home projects that we could start...or should I say, Scott had fun dreaming up all the new projects he could talk me into!

Night: STILL RAINING!

After the home show we went out to Mexican food, for the second time today I gourged on way too much food! It was really yummy and now my tummy hurts. I need Lent to start so I can lose some pounds! We went back to our friends house and unloaded all of our new found treasures and headed home, where Madison finally had a breakdown...I think she was just overloaded from the weekend! Poor thing, she finally fell asleep after a warm bath and little rocking! She is growing up way too fast!

**Scott is also sound asleep since he has to wake up in a couple of hours and head to work! I do not envy him!

One more little side story!

OUR KITCHEN IS DONE!!!!!!!

If you look below, we now have 4 lights! 2 recessed lights and 2 decorative lights. It looks wonderful!!

Finally here is the forecast for next week:

Jan 28 Tomorrow:Rain showers Jan 29 Tuesday:Rain and wind.
Jan 30 Wednesday: Showers possible. Jan 31 Thursday: Chance of showers.
Feb 1 Friday: Showers possible. Feb 2 Saturday: Showers possible.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Kitchen looks terrific!! Glad you guys had such a fun (albeit busy) weekend! The rainy forecast sounds just like here!! See you soon!

KatieFeldmom said...

I love all this rain, but I'm the only one besides Em that does.

The kitchen looks great.

It's so amazing to me what little kids pick up from just daily interactions. YAY for Madison!!!

Kelly said...

P.S. - my niece IS DEFINITELY a genius!!!! A cute one too!!

*Em* said...

Yay for Madison! She is a smarty-pants!!!

Kitchen looks great! I need to get my husband to figure out how to do that. We have an ugly flourescent light.

I am with Katie. I love the rain. Don't mind it a bit.